Back Road Logistics – driving your success with our road transportation services.
Europe is a diverse continent – made up of varied cultures, local laws and practices. Moving shipments across the European landscape can have its own unforeseen challenges. From regulations that change from country to country, to peak seasons that might cause capacity shortages – there are a lot of things you have to consider as your cargo makes the journey to reach your customers.
At Kuehne+Nagel, we are committed to developing services that help your business grow. With over 8,000 road transport specialists in more than 180 locations across the continent, we deliver your cargo door-to-door across Europe. Supported by a Kuehne+Nagel managed and controlled road network, our experienced local teams provide flexible solutions for challenges you might face.
You won’t be affected by unpredictable market disruptions, as the fleet (owned by both Kuehne+Nagel and audited long-term subcontractors) guarantee a consistent service quality, along with capacities even in tight market situations. You’ll also have control over your shipment by receiving a proof of delivery (POD) and having access to myKN – which provides full visibility of your transport. Our experts intervene proactively on site if irregularities arise, giving you further peace of mind.
Enjoy the confidence and security you need in a transport partner, and connect your business to our European network, delivering your freight with local know-how.
- KN EuroLink – groupage service: Shipment consolidation for reliable planning and maximum efficiency
- KN EuroDirect – less than truck load or full truck load services (LTL/FTL): Direct transportation to minimise transport time and maximise certainty
- KN PharmaChain – Certified storage and transportation solutions for pharmaceutical and healthcare products
- Expo & Events – Customised transport planning and coordination across the globe, from trade fairs to sporting events
We feel responsible for fulfilling your promises to your customers and business partners across Europe. Contact us today to learn how we can assist you.
Booking and tracking your road freight shipment
Access myKN to track your shipment – you can access myKN via your desktop or via the Kuehne+Nagel app (available to download on App Store or Android marketplace).
A few things good to know!
What ADR classes or goods are prohibited within the Kuehne+Nagel network?
- Class 1: Explosives
- Class 2: Gasses – sub class T, TF, TC, TO, TFC and TOC; (High Consequence Dangerous Goods / HCDG)
- Class 4.1: Flammable Solids / self-reactive substances – sub classes D, DT and SR2; (High Consequence Dangerous Goods / HCDG)
- Class 5.2: Organic peroxides (self-reactive) - P2;
- Class 6.1 : Packing goup I (High Consequence Dangerous Goods / HCDG)
- Class 6.2: Infectious substances; (High Consequence Dangerous Goods / HCDG)
- Klasse 7: Radioactive material
- UN 3268 (Class 9)
- UN 3090 and UN 3480 (Lithium batteries / metal batteries)
Lithium batteries in devices (UN 3091 and UN 3481) are allowed in the Kuehne+Nagel network, but only after sending the MDS (mandatory) and approval of a DGSA advisor.